Blockchain creates value for SMEs and the Digital European Economy. The increasing number of powerful use cases and how they have turned into powerful real solutions, make it clear.
The time is now to connect this ecosystem with traditional SMEs, with investors and with complementary blockchain companies that can add value to the original proposition.
We, at Blockchers know this and work to provide the strategic opportunities to the participants in our programme (“the Blockchers”). These Blockchers have been selected among more than 110 applicants and have access to several opportunities to position their Blockchain Solutions in the market through Alastria´s Link2Chain Programme.
Our activities aim at providing:
- Visibility: Present real use cases and give visibility to the specific companies/projects that have valid solutions in the market. This way direct engagement may take place, boosting the strategic relationships.
- Education: Deepening the practical understanding of the possible impact of blockchain in different sectors.
- Investment opportunities: Inviting recognized investors to the pitiching sessions open opportunities for companies to be considered by the investment ecosystem.
- Ideation via role models: Creating role models for other starups and for traditional SMEs that see the power of introducing Blockchain in their value chain. Entrepreneurship, digitalization and creativity in ideation.
- Matchmaking of business connections: The business networking post event helps companies find new clients and business partners.
Meet the Blockchers
Last June, Alastria has created a number of strategic pitching opportunities for the participants.
The “Meet the Blockchers” concept was designed to allow our Blockchers to present their companies and blockchain solutions. A strategically selected number of participants were specifically invited to join the events with the aim of creating business and investment opportunities.
We grouped the Blockchers by sectors:
I: Treaceability of Consumer Products and Services: Food and Water
- Vottun (Spain): traceability of Spanish fruits
- io (Germany): cybersecurity for food IoT monitoring
- Apio (Italy): traceability of pasta
II: Traceability of consumers products and services: material, objects, medical & science
- Minespider (Swizterland/Germany): traceability for sustainable towels (organic cotton producers)
- e-ProcessMED (Spain): patient information
- Orvium (Spain): Scientific publishing platform that helps researchers to publish their work
- Vestigia Blockchain (Spain): traceability of water use: strawberry; tomato; horticulture
- CHAINSTEP (Germany): surveillance for art objects
III. : Industries: Industry 4.0/Automotive/Energy
- Volvero (Italy): car sharing
- JOIN GmbH (Germany): industrial scales
- HOPU (Spain): plastic injection industry
- Bettergy (Spain): a digital approach for photovoltaic Power Purchase Agreements
- WeSmart (Belgium): locally produced energy exchanges
Legaltech & Compliance.
- Datafund (Slovenia): Private, trust-less and decentralised storage of documents with encrypted receipts and server-less file transfer (lawyer office services)
- ComeTogether (Greece): Ticket delivery innovation
- DATARELLA (Germany): Donation platform
We have created a set of opportunies to pitch at international events during the first and second call, such as Transfiere, Foroinvest, BCN Techspirit or recently, OpenexpoEurope and Startup Olé with amazing use experience with online networking tools. COVID19 just transformed the way, not the essence!